Search This Blog

Sunday 25 January 2009

Delusions of Immortality

"Robert Foster is an innocent outsider stranded in a vast city where oppressed civilians live and work in soaring tower blocks... while the corrupt, covetous and rich lie underground, shielded from all pollution. Alone, save for a robot circuit board, Foster must fight for survival... and discover the sinister truth behind his abduction..."

I felt a little taken aback reading that- but it turns out I'm the star of a 14 year-old PC game and never realised it. As 'Beneath a Steel Sky' is now available for free from the excellent Good Old Games, I can't help feeling a sense of duty to give it a try. As is par-for-the course in Point 'n' Click games, I'll almost certainly get stuck after less than thirty minutes on the first semi-obscure puzzle I come across, but if I'm really scraping the barrel for things to write about over the next couple of months, I may even review it.

Your chance to experience a day in the life of Robert Foster

On an entirely unrelated note, you should probably expect this place to go quiet for the next week or so, as I'll be trying to write articles for Savy Gamer and the Worship St Irregulars. I've been procrastinating over both for far too long, and as I set this blog up to help rather than hinder my attempts at writing, it seems slightly crazy to be posting Youtube videos or writing about ancient videogames here, when I could be busy producing something a little longer and more interesting, for sites that occasionally manage to get more than ten unique visitors per day.

Gulp, that was a comma-tastic long sentence. Sorry. I'm just getting it out of my system before trying to remember how to write properly.

See you in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment