Search This Blog

Tuesday 8 June 2010

The Best Kind of Exhausting

I spent last weekend in Norfolk making a music video for the Fire Action! song "White Dress". The band - along with one phenomenally talented director/producer, one so-witty-you-could-punch-him Director of Photography, an unfailingly resourceful and creative Production Designer, and crucially a funny and beautiful selkie - spent two 20-hour-long days filming for the five-and-a-half minute long song.

I cannot begin to describe (largely because I'm still feeling the effects of the sleep deprivation) how excited I am at the prospect of seeing it all put together, so until I get back to the point where putting words in a coherent order is a little more effortless, here are a bunch of photos I took on my mobile phone (click 'em to see 'em in all their high-res glory):

 
There is no easy way to carry a bass drum two miles

5:00 am

Masking and making up

Chris Newcombe: a very punny DP

See how they run

"Mind if I poke this in your eye?"

"Action!"

"Cut!"

"Do I look cold in this?"

Hannah Davis is braver than me

Jasmine Robinson refuses to get cold feet

The hands-on approach

Sweeping

"Where did I leave those shoes?"

Guarding the data tent

Not musicians, ARTISTES

Bryan Woltjen knows where his towel is

The ugly reality behind the glamour

No comments:

Post a Comment